Milwaukee Survive Alive House

Fire Education Center

Thank You for Supporting the SURVIVE ALIVE HOUSE

Thank you to SOREF'S Carpet for donating the much needed carpet for our facility!



Fire Chief Rohlfing (left) presenting Gary Shovers, the owner of Soref's, with a commemorative plaque to thank him for his generosity. 




 The plaque is inscribed:

Thank You for your Donation and Dedication to the Education of Milwaukee's Children. 



Effective February 1, 2011, ALL one and two family buildings including owner occupied buildings will be required to have CO detectors in accordance with Wisconsin's new Carbon Monoxide Detector Law.

Three families and larger buildings in Wisconsin that have attached garages or “fuel burning devices” –gas heat, oil heat, gas dryers, gas stoves etc. had a similar law become effective last April.  

CO detectors must be within 75 feet of all fuel burning device and within 15′ of each bedroom. One is required in the basement if there is a “fuel burning device” down there. They are also required in common hallways spaced no more than 75′.

Battery and plug in units are okay. Mount them on the ceiling or wall.

Please see the links tab   above for more information, CO law links.